There is no health without mental health.
With positive stories of hope and strength our impact can enable communities to expand their understanding, lend help to those in need and to support without judgement or cause those around us.
People with mental health issues can lead productive, fulfilling, normal lives with proper treatment and support.
How much do you know about Youth Mental Health?
Be in the Know.
You do not have to have a child with mental health concerns to be an agent of change. Chances are there are people in your life already suffering. In a first-ever study conducted by the CDC and Prevention researchers found in children aged 3 to 17 with mental health concerns the cost was $247 billion per year in medical bills, special education and juvenile justice. Struggling families need our help, together with the Youth Mental Health Project we can begin the movement toward change.
Here is how you can help.
With so many mental health specialists and caregivers, which is right for you?
Learn About Providers
Host an Event
Bring The Youth Mental Health Project to your community, schools and stakeholders.
Find Out How
What is Mental Health?
Spread the word about the importance of youth mental health and print a helpful explanation.
Knowledge is Power
Types of Therapy
Mental health issues are highly personal. Here is a broad list of who does what type of therapy.
Free Downloadable Materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download our Guide Understanding Youth Mental Health – Questions Parents Frequently Ask and get the answers to your concerns, therapy models, and questions that develop as you explore getting your child help.
- Mental illness is universal and can happen to any child, adolescent or young adult.
- Early intervention and prevention is essential to improved outcomes.
- Educating community stakeholders will reduce stigma and make it more likely that young people will get help.
- People with diagnosed mental health conditions can live productive and meaningful lives.
- Kindness, compassion and understanding are essential to recovery.