Frequently Asked Questions about The Parent Support Network™
The Parent Support Network model is based on the following foundation:
- Meetings are in-person, confidential and free for parents and caregivers;
- Meetings are open to any parent or caregiver who is concerned about their kids (ages 1 - 24) who struggle with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health problems;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained Facilitator who is a parent or caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialogue among parents is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents in attendance;
- Parents work together to share experiences and resources. Parents also work together to gather a reliable and vetted list of invaluable community and regional resources to help each other and to enable other families to seek and find the help they need. Vetted for parents and by parents, there is no better resource than a referral from someone who shares your experience.