We hope that you will join us in giving a voice to the struggle that millions of children, teens and young adults face every day. We are looking for stories that shine light on the fact that challenges with mental health can and do begin at a young age.
Use your personal experience to increase awareness and help others know they are not alone. Submit your story in writing or video and allow us to share it on our website and social media. If you are not sure where to begin, consider the following:
- What does “youth mental health” mean to you?
- How old were you when you first began experiencing challenges with your mental health?
- How long did it take for others to understand that your thoughts, feelings and behavior was related to a mental health disorder or illness?
- Do you believe that earlier intervention and treatment would have changed the trajectory of your experience?
- Did you and/or your family find adequate support in your community?
- What was the reaction of family and friends?
Please note: Submissions will include your name as entered. Please DO NOT use your last name if you do not want your full name to be searchable. If you would like for your post to be anonymous, do not include your name in the body of the submission.
We review all submissions and this process may take some time, so your work may not be posted immediately. We cannot guarantee that everything we receive will be published.